The talented Musical Director of Vocal Expressions is Robert Webb, who:
- Read Music at Merton College, Oxford, where he also held a choral scholarship under Peter Philips (Tallis Scholars) and Benjamin Nicholas
- Teaches Music at Skipton Girls' High School and is the choirmaster at Hipperholme Grammar School, as well as teaching brass at Horsforth and Roundhay School in Leeds, and Queensbury School, Bradford
- Conducts the Pinsuti Chamber Choir based in Ilkley which has a growing reputation as one of the best choirs in the area
- Enjoys performing professionally as a baritone soloist and a trumpet player
In any spare time, he gets, Robert enjoys playing sport and spending time with his family.
Vocal Expressions’s gifted and experienced accompanist is Lloyd Buck M Mus, BMus (Hons).
Lloyd studied at the Royal College of Music, and later at the Royal Northern College of Music, where he graduated with distinction under the tutelage of Paul Janes.
- Performed nationally at venues including St Martin in the Fields in London, St George’s Brandon Hill in Bristol, and at Lincoln Cathedral
- Released two enterprising CDs with Amemptos Music, of piano music by Bortkiewicz and Alkan; both to great critical acclaim, and
- Is also the Musical Director of Ellesmere Port Music Society, and conductor of Wilmslow based The Barnby Choir.
Lloyd has also:
- Written a wide range of music, from choral motets to large scale orchestral works, and is frequently in demand as an accompanist, working in many diverse styles.